e-Certificate in Workforce Trends and Equity
Elevate attendees have the opportunity to earn a digital badge that can be shared via LinkedIn and other social media platforms
While participating in Elevate, you can also earn the e-Certificate in Workforce Trends and Equity to highlight your accomplishments. This digital badge can be shared via LinkedIn and other social media. The badge is powered by Acclaim.
The Digital Badge requirements are listed below. When you have completed these activities, please fill out the application form which allows you to enter your participation. It will be accessible within the conference as well as emailed to you post-conference.
To access the conference platform, please use this link: https://elevate.vfairs.com/ (You must be registered to access conference platform.)
The activities listed below must be completed by June 3, 2019.
Requirements: (all times listed at in Central Time; all sessions will be recorded and available on-demand following the live presentation. All Elevate content will be available at elevate.vfairs.com until June 3, 2019.)
1. Attend all four keynotes (live or on-demand)
- May 1, 1:00-1:30 p.m.: HR Disrupted: It’s Time for Something Different
- May 1, 3:00-3:30 p.m.: Race to Lead
- May 2, 2:00-2:30 p.m.: Reaching for the Rainbow: Creating an LGBTQ-Inclusive Workforce
- May 3, 3:00-3:30 p.m.: The Workforce of the Future
2. Attend one or more Townhall Discussions
- May 2, 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Townhall Discussion #1: Making Equity Part of Your Mission
- May 3, Noon-1:00 p.m.: Townhall Discussion #2: Disability Awareness and Trends
3. Watch Foundations of Equity (required pre-session)
4. Watch four or more workshops (on-demand)
See the full list here.
5. Participate in at least one Chatroom Discussion:
- Live Chatroom #1: Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Race to Lead, hosted by Sean Thomas-Breitfeld
- Live Chatroom #2: Friday, May 3, 2019, 9:00-9:30 a.m.: The Gender Divide, hosted by Kim Fountain
- Live Chatroom #3: 9:30-10:00 a.m.: The Evolution of Training and Development, hosted by Susan T. Schmidt
- Live Chatroom #4: 10:30-11:00 a.m.: Belonging at Work: Everyday Actions You Can Take, hosted by Rhodes Perry
- Live Chatroom #5: 1:00-1:30 p.m.: Equitable Hiring and Recruitment Practices, hosted by Monique Ellington
- Throughout the conference: Continue the Conversation (three chatrooms – select a topic)
- Throughout the conference: Recommend Resources (share a useful resource)
Note: The discussions will not be available after May 3rd. If you are completing your requirements after May 3rd, you will meet this requirement by submitting a new resource to the DEI Resource Library here.
6. Complete Equity Action Plan
Elevate attendees are encouraged to use the knowledge and skills gained from the conference sessions, the tools from the Resource Library, and ideas sparked from chatroom conversations to take the first step in creating an equity plan. You are encouraged to develop three strategies to move diversity, equity and inclusion efforts forward in your personal life and organizations. The Equity Plan form, complete instructions and reflection questions can be found here.
Don’t forget to fill out the Digital Badge application form by June 3, 2019.